Hope Studio Yoga, t/a Camila Putti da Silva, takes the privacy of its clients and visitors to the website very seriously. This policy is concerned with how information is collected, what happens to it and what rights you have.
This policy explains how information is collected, managed, used and protected. This may change from time to time to reflect how the data is managed according to the General Data Protection Regulation, affective from 25th May 2018. Please check it frequently to see any changes. Refer to the sections below for further information.
This policy therefore seeks to inform you of your rights under the GDPR and confirms your consent to collect and store your data, outlined below.
What personal data is collected and how it is used
Camila Putti da Silva is the ‘data controller’ for Hope Studio Yoga and thereby the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide. We collect personal data such as name, postal address, telephone numbers, email addresses and emergency contact numbers.
Additional information may also be collected, e.g date of birth, age, gender or health details. This will be made clear at the point of collection of such information and we only do so with your specific consent and permission.
Children Aged 16 and Under
Hope Studio Yoga does not offer content suitable for children under 16 years old. In addition Hope Studio Yoga recognises the special obligation to protect minors and as such if you are 16 years or under, Hope Studio Yoga requests that you do not submit any personal information to the website. In the event that anyone identified as 16 years or under has submitted details to this site, they will deleted from our records.
Why we need it
We collect your personal information, as a means of contacting you with regards to specific activities, e.g your yoga sessions, newsletters or upcoming events, feedback etc. The data collected for yoga classes or massage appointments may request personal health details which is used in order to ensure the sessions and treatments are suitable and safe for you. You do not have to disclose this information, however if you choose to withhold certain information we may not be able to provide you with certain services. Sometimes, with your consent, your data will be processed to provide you with information about activities and events at Hope Studio Yoga.
How your information is obtained
Your data is collected with your consent in a number of ways:
- When you provide it directly to us
- When we collect it as you subscribe to the website
- When you provide it to a third party and you have provided permission to pass your information on to us
Confidentiality and Sharing of Information
We only share information to third parties or individuals when obliged by the law, for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigations and the following:
- If you have agreed that we may do so
- If it is necessary for any teacher or therapist at Hope Studio Yoga to understand your circumstances for health and safety reasons
- If required for insurance purposes, such as in the event of a complaint or claim
- If there is a significant risk or harm to yourself, in this instance we may share information with another professional, e.g GP or other medical professional
Retaining your information
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose, for example:
- According to insurance policy requirements
- For as long as you consent to marketing information
- For the duration of time you attend events at Hope Studio Yoga
- According to legal requirements
The data collected by Hope Studio Yoga is processed and stored by the data processor TeamUp Sports Inc. In addition, with your consent, email addresses are stored on the website which is password protected and a record of your contact details is retained on a laptop and mobile phone for contact purposes, these are both either passcode or password protected.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, which came into effect on 25th May 2018. You have a number of important rights, these are:
- Transparency over how your data is collected and used (right to be informed)
- The right to access information held about you, which, if requested, will be provided to you within a month upon written request (right to access)
- The right to update and amend inaccurate or incomplete personal data (right of rectification)
- Erasure of your details. You have the right to opt out of personal data collection. This needs to be requested in writing. There are some circumstances under which your data may still be retained for example for lawful purposes and insurance requirements (right to be ‘forgotten’)
- To ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing)
- To object to the processing of your information (right to object). Please note that this may result in the termination of therapeutic work or class attendance where this is deemed unsafe.
- You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability)
How to contact us/Accessing your Data
This document was last updated September 2021.
93 Hope Street, Central Chambers, suite 289, Glasgow, SCT, G2 6LD, United Kingdom